Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Fate

I believe that we live in this world, everything that happens is because of Fate. The meaning of Fate varies from person to person, culture to culture and author to author.
I just believe that Fate is what happens around me. It is Fate that I have a bunch of friends that I met near the end of my schooling years and it is also Fate that something happens and they are all no longer my friends anymore. I kept on wondering, why did it all end like that? Was our friendship doomed to fail from the beginning? Or was it Fate that I became friends only to end the friendship later? I lost lots of friends due to misunderstandings and events. Probably if we even met on the streets, we would be like strangers walking past each other. I kept on asking myself "What I did wrong?". I asked the same question over and over and there was no answer other than Fate. In chinese, we call it "命運"(min yun). It was Fate that brought us together, it was Fate that brought us apart.

|